Schools are working hard to meet the needs of ELLs. Join PERC, WHYY, and the Philadelphia Public School Notebook as we host a community forum about challenges, possibilities, and how you can support the education of these students.
Participants and panelists include:
- Mayor Jim Kenney (invited)
- City Councilwoman Helen Gym
- Otis Hackney, Chief Education Officer, City of Philadelphia
- Linda Long, Bilingual Education Advisor, Pennsylvania Department of Education
- Allison Still, Deputy Chief of Multilingual Curriculum and Programs, School District of Philadelphia
- Kinyta Smalls, Director of Bilingual Studies and ESL, Mastery Charter Schools
- Pheng Lim, Principal, Folk Arts-Cultural Treasures Charter School (FACTS)
- Ellen Somekawa, Executive Director, FACTS
To register, please complete the form below.
The registration form is also available in: