PERC is built on a strong platform of partnership and collaboration. Dr. Kathleen Shaw, Research for Action’s Executive Director, is the Founding Director of PERC. RFA also serves as PERC’s fiscal and administrative home. With its offices located in Center City Philadelphia, RFA provides the staff, systems, and support needed to advance PERC’s research agenda.
Visit Contact Us to learn more about PERC’s leadership and staff.
PERC’s Charter Members
Research for Action
School District of Philadelphia
Philadelphia’s Charter School Sector (represented by Philadelphia Charters for Excellence and Congreso de Latinos Unidos)
PERC’s University Members
University of Pennsylvania
These partnerships provide the accountability, insight, expertise, and guidance needed to ensure that PERC’s research agenda speaks directly to the questions and needs of Philadelphia’s schools and students.
PERC’s Governance Structure
The PERC governance structure is composed of the following committees:
- Melanie Harris, Chief Information Officer, School District of Philadelphia
- Tonya Wolford, Deputy for Research and Evaluation, School District of Philadelphia
- Cynthia Figueroa, President and CEO, Congreso de Latinos Unidos
- Dr. Naomi Booker, CEO, Global Leadership Academy, and board member, Philadelphia Charters for Excellence
Research Advisory Committee:
- Nancy Songer, Dean of School of Education, Drexel University
- Pam Grossman, Dean of Graduate School of Education, University of Pennsylvania
- Greg Anderson, Dean of the College of Education, Temple University
Leadership Advisory Council:
- Elaine Allensworth, Lewis-Sebring Director, The University of Chicago Consortium on Chicago School Research
- Faith Connolly, Executive Director, Baltimore Education Research Consortium
- James Kemple, Executive Director, The Research Alliance for New York City Schools